The Lagos State Treasury office is one of the three (2) arms of the Ministry of Finance. The Office is also known and called the Accountant General’s Office. This Office has been in existence since the establishment of the Ministry of Finance in 1968.
The State Treasury Office is solely responsible for the delivery of financial services of the State Government and the Office is made up of eight (8) Departments and five (5) Units, namely;
- Treasury Operations Department (TO)
- Monitoring and Investigation Department (M&I)
- Financial Information System Department (FIS)
- Financial Intelligence Research Department (FIR)
- Central Payroll Date Validation Department (CPDVD)
- Finance and Administration Department (F&A)
- Accounts Department
- Projects’ Financial Management (PFMU)
- Internal Audit Unit
- Public Affairs Unit (PAU)
- Car Refurbishment Loan Unit
- Procurement Unit
- ICT Unit
The Departments and Units in the State Treasury Office perform various functions and activities that have enhanced the development of the State and meet up with the aspiration of the past and present administrations on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) and the Mega City Project of Lagos State.
To provide world class financial services to the stakeholders through IT driven processes with seasoned professionals working in a conducive environment.
To be the best public sector financial service provider and a citadel for financial professionals.
Ministerial Responsibilities of the State Treasury Office are:
Inspectorate and Compliance
Residual cost of servicing the State Debt
Balancing Public expenditure against State resources and
its organizational control
Preparation of Annual Balance Sheet of the Account
Formulation of Accounting policies and maintenance of
Foreign Exchange transactions
Management of investment portfolio for State Government.
- PS/Accountant-General Mrs. Abimbola Umar
- D/ Fin. Intelligence & Research Mr. Olujimi Ige
- D/Admin & Human Resources Mrs.Mojisola Olatunde
- D/ Monitoring and Investigation Mr. Kazeem Olalemi
- Director, Finance and Accounts Mr. Samuel Asegere
- D/ Treasury Operations Mr. Hakeem Alimi
- D /Financial Infor. System Mr. Tajudeen Mahmud
- D/Projects’ Financial Management Unit Mrs. Ganiyu Moriliat
- Head, CPDVD Mr. Olatilu
- Head, ICT Mr. Oluwarotimi Olawoye
- Head, Internal Audit Mrs Oyinlade Olakunbi
- Head, Procurement Mrs. Titilayo Amusan
- Head, Public Affairs Mrs. Jelilat Olawunmi Ajala