The Lagos State Treasury office is one of the three (3) arms of the Ministry of Finance. The Office is also known and called the Accountant General Office. This Office has been in existence since the establishment of the Ministry of Finance in 1968.
The State Treasury Office is solely responsible for the delivery of financial services of the State Government and the Office is made up of eight (7) Departments and four (6) Units, namely;
- Treasury Operations Department (TO)
- Monitoring and Investigation Department (M&I)
- Financial Information System Department (FIS)
- Financial Intelligence Research Department (FIR)
- Central Payroll Date Validation Department (CPDVD)
- Finance and Administration Department (F&A)
- Accounts Department
- Projects’ Financial Management Unit (PFMU)
- Internal Audit Unit
- Public Affairs Unit (PAU)
- Car Refurbishment Loan Unit
- Procurement Unit
- ICT Unit
The Departments and Units in the State Treasury Office perform various functions and activities that have enhanced the development of the State and meet up with the aspiration of the past and present administrations on the Millennium Development Goals (MDGs), the 10 Point Agenda and the Mega City Project of Lagos State.
The Mission Statement of the State Treasury Office is “To provide world class financial service to the stakeholders through IT driven process with seasoned professionals in a conducive working environment while the Vision Statement is to be the best public sector financial service provider and a citadel for financial professional”.